Cualquier profesional que trabaje con una marca de consumo, debe ir al Cannes Lions. Las razones son más de cien, aunque acá copio y pego 10 excelentes argumentos para que un cliente anunciante se decida ir.
Tue 5 Apr 2011
10 reasons to attend this year’s Cannes Lion Festival
Advertising / UK
If you’re in marketing and have the luxury of being able to afford the time and money to attend this year’s Cannes Lion Festival – then here’s 10 reasons to convince you as to why you should.
1. The Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity is a global gathering of creative minds., with over 8000 delegates from the advertising, digital, media, PR and design industries convening over the seven day event.
2. The festival aims to offer a world class content programme with 56 seminars and 20 workshops made available to all delegates. Speakers already announced for the 2011 Festival include the likes of Arianna Huffington, Piers Morgan, ‘The Mighty Eagle’ of Angry Birds, Sir Ken Robinson, Nestlé CEO Paul Bulcke, Malcolm Gladwell and foursquare’s Dennis Crawley.
3. This year over 25,000 entries are expected to be submitted into the categories of Film, Film Craft, Press, Outdoor, Direct, Promo & Activation, Media, Radio, Cyber, PR, Design, Titanium and Integrated and new for this year, Creative Effectiveness. This will offer delegates the opportunity to be inspired by some of the greatest creative work through exhibitions and screenings of the shortlisted work taking place throughout the week.
4. Four Awards Ceremonies and two Galas will allow the industry to celebrate in style with the announcement of the Grands Prix winners as well as Agency of the Year, Network of the Year, Holding Company of the Year, the Palm d’Or for Most-Awarded Production Company, alongside many other accolades, not to mention the celebrations at the official Opening and Closing Galas.
5. A growing number of clients are attending the Cannes Lions festival as it becomes the place to be for clients and creative professionals alike. The year on year growth in client attendance indicates that the Festival is now a crucial part of marketer’s annual calendar and allows them to meet with their agencies and get up to speed with industry developments as they plan for the year ahead.
6. Education and learning is key to the Festival, that’s why throughout the week there are ongoing initiatives that invest in the future, including five Young Lions competitions for young creative professionals at the start of their careers, the Roger Hatchuel Students Academy, the Young Marketers Academy, and the Cannes Creative Leaders Programme designed for those either in a creative leadership position or about to step up to lead a team.
7. Aimed specifically at the Young Creatives and Marketers, dedicated one-hour master classes tackle the challenges facing young talent today offering them the chance to learn from and engage with high-profile speakers.
8. A new initiative will be introduced this year, ‘How to Cannes’ can help, which will offer first time attendees the chance, from Monday-Thursday morning, to be guided by a Cannes veteran around the Palais des Festivals and advise on how to make the most of the week.
9. Cannes provides the perfect backdrop to engage with your clients and peers, all manner of venues exist from beaches to party venues which will help to create the perfect event. The festival even has a dedicated team who will be on hand to help plan anything from a small meeting to a huge party.
10. Cannes Connect is the Festival’s very own online networking tool which offers registered delegates the opportunity to network with other attendees before, during and after the Festival.
Delegate registration is now open for the Festival, for more information on the Festival visit http://www.canneslions.com